30,000 Runners Compete in Chengdu Marathon

Authors: Xinhuanet

2019-10-28

It was announced five months ago that Chengdu Marathon became an official candidate race for the Abbott World Marathon Majors.

A total of 30,000 runners competed in Dongfeng Nissan Chengdu Marathon in Southwest China's Sichuan Province on October 27 as Ethiopian runners claim both the titles.

In the men's race, Ethiopia runner Wondesen Feleke Zegeye won with a record-setting time of 2:09:52.

"Everything was perfect," said Zegeye," Weather, facilities, people helped me to own my personal best time."

Yenenesh Tilahun Dinkesa claimed the title of women's race in 2:29:05. " Chengdu is a beautiful city and is suitable for running. I came here for the victory and I am glad to accomplish the goal," she said.

Wheelchair racing has become a new addition to the 2019 race. Chinese Jin Hua, won the male wheelchair marathon, with a time of 1:28:11, and his compatriot Zhou Zhaoqian, won the female wheelchair marathon, with a time of 1:51:50.

It was announced five months ago that Chengdu Marathon became an official candidate race for the Abbott World Marathon Majors. The 2020 Chengdu Marathon will be staged on October 25.

Brief Information on 2019 Chengdu Marathon

The 2019 Chengdu Marathon will take place on October 27 (Sunday) in the city.

Jul 19, 2019

2019 Chengdu Marathon Draw Revealed, Sign-up of Those Running for Charity Starts

The 2019 Dongfeng Nissan Chengdu Marathon draw was made public.

Aug 06, 2019

“This will be the First Full Marathon for Me to Participate in”

There's more than a month before the 2019 Dongfeng Nissan Chengdu Marathon.

Sep 20, 2019

30-Day Countdown to 2019 Chengdu Marathon

The organizing committee of the 2019 Dongfeng Nissan Chengdu Marathon (Chengdu Marathon) held September 27 a press conference on the event, at which it signed an agreement with its partner Dongfeng Nissan, and revealed the medals, costumes, as well as cultural and creative products for the event.

Oct 01, 2019

Race Package Pickup for 2019 Dongfeng Nissan Chengdu Marathon

The 2019 Dongfeng Nissan Chengdu Marathon is around the corner.

Oct 25, 2019

Share to WeChat Close
Scan via WeChat!

About Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Link to Us | Contact Us

蜀ICP备14024942号-1 Go成都 www.gochengdu.cn