The National Health Commission has published 9 facts about the novel coronavirus.
According to the 4th trial plan for the diagnosis and treatment of pneumonia caused by the novel coronavirus, issued by the National Health Commission , there are 9 facts you need to know about the novel coronavirus. Please check the facts below.
- The novel coronavirus is sensitive to heat and the ultraviolet ray.
- The virus can be inactivated by heating at 56℃ form 30 minutes; or by fatsolvent like diethyl ether, 75% ethyl alcohol, chlorine containing disinfectant, peracetic acid and chloroform.
- The main source of the infection we know for now is people infected with the virus.
- The novel coronavirus spreads mainly through oral secretions, but also touch.
- People of all ages are susceptible to the virus.
Senior people and those with underlying diseases will have serious conditions once infected. There are also cases of children and infants.
- The incubation period may last about 3-7 days, but no longer than 14 days.
- Major symptoms include fever, fatigue, dry cough.
Some have nasal congestion, running nose, and diarrhea. Some Severe and critical cases have mild fever or no fever.
- # Positive Prognosis #
Children have relatively mild symptoms.
Death occurs mainly in the elderly and those with chronical underlying disease infected with the virus.
- # Standard for quarantine and hospital release #
Normal body temperature for 3 days, obvious improvement in respiratory symptoms, tested negative for the virus twice in a row.